Monday 27 January 2014

Idiots Abroad Part 1

Hey Guys! 
From the title you may think that I am going to share my love for the show or write a review on it. When really, I want to share a funny story that I don't think I will ever forget!
 
There is a foreign exchange program at my Sixth form, and a beautiful Italian girl named Paola soon became one of my best friends. I didn't think you could become so close to someone so quickly but she really is beautiful inside and out!
Ignore the dork on the left :')
                                                  
 
But then, sadly, in June last year she had to move back home and not going to lie, I cried more than I probably should have! So me and a few friends decided it would be cute to go and visit her it Italy. We saved up and then spent a very long afternoon trying to book tickets as cards were declined, transfers took forever and stupidly we tried to book on a bank holiday so all the call systems were down and it was just a massive pain! Finally, everything was booked and the countdown began!
                              
 
Paola lives in the hills pretty much in a beautiful town called Bolzano! We always used to mock her and say that she lived with the goats. This in turn meant that getting to her house wasn't the easiest thing in the world! So we got to the airport and when we went to scan the passports on one of the kiosks one of them wouldn't scan and immediately we started to panic - if only this was the extent of our troubles! We eventually got on the flight and landed in sunny Munich, sunny is being kind it was a boiling day! We then had to get on a subway type of train, as non of us could speak any German this wasn't the easiest of tasks and we ended up train hopping for at least half an hour until we reached Munich Train station. We then had to catch a coach for over 4 hours to get to Bozalno! Paola never said it would be that long - but we forgave her eventually ;)  Our coach driver was Italian and almost didn't let us on the coach because there was such a language barrier! But after a long, hot 4 hours we finally got there! 
 
 
Lake we went for P's 18th
We had an amazing time while we were there and my beautiful Italian turned 18! So to celebrate we spent a day at this beautiful lake stuffing our faces with cake and other great foods and then we decided to hire a pedalo (it had its own slide)! This is one of my, if not my favourite memory from the holiday! Then we decided to go clubbing which was also so much fun, even though trying to dance when it is already so hot is difficult!
 
              
This picture also captures a beautiful memory of this holiday! In Bolanzo a lot of people ride bikes, they also get very angry if you walk in the cycle lane, we discovered this very quickly:')  So we decided it would be cute if we hired bikes and then went for a picnic.

 
There is so much more I want to share about this holiday but I don't want the post to be to long so in a week or 2 I share the rest of my antics with you!
 
Beth <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment